Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Internet Fast and Musikfest

Last night as I was journaling - with a pen on paper - I decided that I spend too much time on the internet.  On this blog, actually.  Which is a sentence fragment.  I should be ashamed.  About the sentence fragment, not about spending too much time on the internet OR on this blog - although those may, in some case, be causes for shame.

ANYWAY, I decided at 10 pm last night - I had been off the computer for approximately 40 minutes - that I would stay off the Internet for 24 hours.  I have tried this before and failed miserably.

But today, I DID IT!!!  Yay, me!  It helped that I have chores in the real world to do, like weeding and cleaning and cooking and shopping and that I have actual 3-D friends to go visit.  I mean, real truly-right-there friends that I can talk to and take walks with, not friends that I have to wear funny glasses to see in 3-D..

I was hoping to extend the Fast through tomorrow but I had to send some committee-type documents to a committee for a meeting I cannot attend.

OK.  Tomorrow - or today if you are reading this on Thursday, August 11th, - Brenda Kahn will share her songs at Musikfest at 8 pm at Lyrikplatz which is a small venue at the south end of Main Street.  Look at the map on the Musikfest website.  I like Brenda's songs.  They are swingy without being Swing.  Her lyrics cover real-life topics, not just love, lost love, lust, angst, party time - though she writes about these things, too.  And she has a very nice guitarist accompanying her tomorrow night.  So that's where I intend to be.  At Musikfest.  Talking in sentence fragments.  Since that seems to be a theme in this post.
 
I hope I have something more momentous to share with you next post.  Like how wonderful Brenda's performance was, how incredibly talented she is - and nice things about her guitarist, Drei, to whom I am related - and about all the friends I saw there.  (SENTENCE FRAGMENT!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I like sentence fragments too. Use them all the time. Fragments are the closest I will get to using the abbrev texting thing.

    ReplyDelete