Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3

Once again, those excellent volunteers manages to keep 17 children and me thoroughly entertained.  I learn that kids are good indicators of barometric pressure.  Today, we had a lot more antsy-ness than we had the first two days.  And tonight, it rained.  Who knew?

Yesterday, I asked Erik to take some videos.  Well, the kids thought sticking their hands in front of the camera was very very funny.  My attention was elsewhere, alas, so I will have to do a little editing before I can show you the children as they "walked as if..."

I got a couple of photos of the children in a circle playing "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" a game that requires monumental concentration.

Tomorrow, we are practicing with the microphone!!!!!!!!!  That might need a few more exclamation marks!!!!  I will have to lock the mike away between the practice sessions.  But I know it will be fun because everyone wants to talk into a microphone.  Well, everyone at the storytelling workshop wants to talk into a microphone.

We will decide one who will tell when in Friday's performance.  We will talk about whether or not we need props and costumes and we will practice, practice, practice until our eyes are crossed.  And THEN everyone will get more tokens for their storytelling bags.  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment