Monday, May 21, 2012

Music on a Rainy Monday

My sister teaches music in elementary schools in California.  I am in awe of how she inspires young children to perform.  Yesterday, she shared Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir with me.   I am ashamed to say, I did not even know who Eric Whitacre was before she mentioned him.  The idea behind the Virtual Choir came when a student sent a YouTube of herself singing one of Eric's compositions to the composer.  He wondered what would happen if he challenged singers from around the globe to send him YouTubes of themselves singing their individual parts of one of his compositions - in the same key and tempo, of course.  The results are amazing - wonderful - moving. Watch one of the results below.


Next life, I'm doing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment