Tuesday, May 15, 2012

KBWT - Look What I Found

At the last StoryFUSION meeting, storytellers and college profs talked about how to involve disciplines other than language, arts, humanities in storytelling, particularly math and science.  As Bill Harley explained in his recent TED Talk (see yesterday's post) , humans, most humans, learn best through stories.  So when I found Open Wide, Look Inside, a blog that shows how children's books relate to math and science, I had to share it with you.

If you do a little exploring, you will be led to The Miss Rumphius Effect, another blog by the same blogger with super thematic lists for different subjects and grade levels.   Remember Miss Rumphius?  She made the world more beautiful, one handful of seeds at a time.

Make the world more beautiful.  Share a book today!

2 comments:

  1. I love TED talks. I just watched one about optimism yesterday. They are so smart, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete