Sunday, April 1, 2012

Panic sets in!

Well, StoryFUSION is officially over and it was a BIG SMASHING success.   You weren't there.  At least, I didn't see you.  I just want to let you know that you can't miss this again.  Never again.  You MUST be there next year.  It was amazing.   And it WILL be amazing next year, too.

But suddenly, I feel like I have NOT read enough middle grade fiction.  The Kutztown University Children's Literature Conference is only 3 weeks away.  I will have to visit three libraries in quick succession starting tomorrow and gather together as many amazing middle grade books as I possibly can.  I haven't read Young Fredle by Cynthia Voight, nor have I finished Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again by Frank Cottrell Boyce.

So, panic set in.  It set in as the Master Class that Elizabeth Ellis offered this afternoon was drawing to a close.  All those unread middle grade books crept into my mind and taunted me.  It's fortunate that there are reviewers like Betsy Bird and Kate Coombs out there to keep me on topic.

More on all this tomorrow when we find out who wins the Battle of the Kids Books.  My eyes and fingers are crossed.  I will probably faint from holding my breath.  This Battle has been a more exciting than being a wing walker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment