Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's Wednesday! Poetry? Whatever.

Thing 1:
 I sent my booklist to KU last night to see if the folks there have time to copy and collate it before Saturday.  (KU Children's Literature Conference, remember?  Register now.) And, of course, as soon as it was sent off, I thought of no less than five books I should add to the list.  Sigh.  This is the way of the world.  I know that on the road on Saturday morning, I will think of at least 2 or 3 more. 
The poster is so pretty!

Thing 2:
It's still Poetry Month.  Isn't that great?
  Every year I can hardly wait
for a month about rhyming and pictures in words.
 Images, noises, train tracks and birds!
 Talk to my heart.  Listen to mine. 
Poetry month is fine, so fine. 

Over at AdLit.Org, it's all about Poetry Month, with ideas and activities for getting adolescents engaged. 

The AdLit newsletter alerted me to Colorin Colorado's celebration of Poetry Month. Check that site out for booklists for young poets of all ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment