Sunday, July 17, 2011

Invisible Inkling

Well, it is another beautiful day in the neighborhood - the kind of day you just want to grab onto.  Blue sky!  Bright hot sun and a wonderful breeze that is kicking my wind chime around like a hacky sack.  And Hub and I are doing the "Let's do something."  "What do you want to do?"  "I don't know. What do YOU want to do?" thing.  The day's too nice to worry so we drift off and do other things. 

Yesterday, I finished Invisible Inkling by Emily Jenkins, world-famous (or should be) author of many good books.  Inkling is an invisible bandapat who shows up just in time for the beginning of fourth grade.  Hank is not too happy about fourth grade since his best friend, Wainscotting, has moved away so Inkling is a nice distraction.  First, because he's invisible and Hank only found him because the neighbor's dog went bonkers and tried to attack the poor little bandapat.  And second, because Inkling tells the most outrageous and entertaining lies.  Hank's biggest problem in school is a bully who is furious at Hank for kicking the ball into the wrong goal in soccer.  And Inkling's biggest problem is that there is not enough squash in Hank's household.  Bandapats love squash.  So Inkling and Hank have their hands/paws full in this short book for kids in grades 3 and up.  And Harry Bliss draws some excellent pictures - including one of Inkling.   I am hoping that Inkling and Hank return in another adventure.  Do bandapats shed, I wonder?  And if they do, does it matter if no one can see the fur?  Hmmm.

Oh, we saw HP7 part 2 last night.  I want to see it again.  It moved so quickly that I think I missed something important.



No comments:

Post a Comment