Thursday, July 7, 2011

Change? WHY??

OK, what is with all these changes that Google/Gmail/Blogger have suddenly decided to make?  This reminds me of New Coke.  Listen up, people.  Change just to change is not good.  I see no purpose or advantage to any of these recent changes.

Individuals can get a new haircut.  Big deal!  Hair grows back. And it's just one person making one change to that one person's personal space.  But online services who change the way their subscribers access information, or the way they collect information ON their subscribers or the way their users can search their sites or post on those sites - all without notice - make those changes for hundreds of thousands of people and I don't like the way that feels.  I feel like a pawn.

Perhaps, it is time for me to research moving off the grid for real.  What say YOU??

1 comment:

  1. I like gmail because there is no spam. They take that out for you. I do not get this minilla folder thing in my mail and I am afraid to click on it and lose my letter. As for this cloud stuff, this is way above my head, and based on what people have said about it I know I do not have enough friends to participate correctly.

    There are almost no hacker insidents either.

    ReplyDelete