Friday, January 26, 2018

LBB Reviews The Wizards of Once

Hi!  Little Blue Bunny here!

I'm not much of a reader.  Turning pages is not so easy when you are only 4 inches tall.  But, wow!
That kid, Xar, is AWESOME!!  He is totally my favorite kind of hero.  Who needs to think before acting?  I mean, that's so over-rated.  Xar just jumps right in.

Like me, he is in trouble ALL THE TIME. So, if I met him, I think we would hit it off.  Also, a lot of his friends are little sprites and they are small.  I am small. See?  We have so much in common.

Oh, wait.  The book is The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell.  Nana says I have to put that in.  Blah.
This crow is a big know-it-all!

So, anyway, Xar's dad is this awesomely powerful wizard and the wizards and magical people live on ONE side of the Badlands forest-y area.  But Xar doesn't have any magic yet and he's tired of waiting.

So, anyway, he goes into the foresty area to try and capture a WITCH - whoa!  This dude isn't afraid of anything - probably because he doesn't waste time thinking about conchy?  consy kenc - you know, what MIGHT happen if you do something.  NANA!  Help me out here.

Nana:  Consequences.

Those.  Yeah.  Well, Xar has an older brother.  Me, too.  Looter makes my older brother look like an old softie - which he is - which is fine - because Looter - BLEECCHH!  Mean and bossy!

Oh, back to the book.

SO, ANYWAY!  Xar meets up with this Warrior girl, Wish - and her softy bodyguard, Bodkins.  I forget why they were in the woods but they shouldn't have been there either.  Warriors HATE, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate times a lot, any kind of magic.  But Wish has "borrowed" the Queen's Witch killing sword which is magic and iron and that never happens  - magic and iron mixing, I mean - and Xar takes the sword and something really scary happens and then Xar sort of kidnaps Wish and Bodkin but the Warriors kidnap Xar's giant friend.... 

(Deep breath).  And there are explosions - a bunch of explosions - and trickiness and meanness and some bravery and courage, too.

I was a little worried that Xar would become boring and goody-goody.  YAY!!!! He didn't.

Read the book.  The pictures are all scratchy and awesome, too.  I will read another book about Xar and Wish - because that girl has SKILLS! - when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment