Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Review Suspense!

I promised a book review for today but I have a problem.  I have too many choices.  This week I have finished four books so, should I review...

Book One - Lost in Shangri-La  by Mitchell Zuckoff?

Book Two - Bluefish by Pat Schmatz?

Book Three - The Predicteds by Christine Seifert?   OR

Book Four - Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger?

What to do?  What to do?  So, hold on a minute.  I will write each title on a piece of paper.  Done!  And put them in a Chobani yogurt cup I have on my desk (??!!??)  There, that's done.  Now, I will pick one title to review today.  Are you ready?

I am mixing them up.  Drum roll, please.


The winner is - and I honestly did NOT look at the papers when I pulled this out - Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger. 


Dwight, the creator and voice of Origami Yoda, has been suspended from school!!  WHATTTT???  Harvey, who never believed in Origami Yoda in the first place, shows up in school with his own origami finger puppet, Darth Paper.  Tommy, Kellen and the others compile a case file to prove to the school board that Dwight should be allowed back into middle school and NOT sent to the remedial school.  Harvey provides his own take on the cases in the file.  Angleberger's line drawings add to the whole crazy tale.

Readers who are not familiar with The Strange Case of Origami Yoda may be a little confused at first.  Persevere.  This compilation of Origami Yoda's wisdom, middle school angst and antics, and Star Wars trivia holds together on its own.  Fans of Angleberger's first book will not be disappointed.  The school board meeting is actually pretty suspenseful!  And in the back of the book there are TWO origami figures, a five-fold emergency Yoda and the Darth Paper model featured here in a YouTube a day or two ago.

Tomorrow, I will pick my next title from the Chobani Title Cup.  I can't wait to see which of the remaining books I will review.

No comments:

Post a Comment