Friday, June 17, 2011

Storey Publishing ROCKS!

The Internet is wonderful!  Adam from Storey Publishing, the publisher of my lost Barnheart (sniffle) noticed my post earlier today and offered to send me another ARC.  My hero!  My copy of Barnheart is floating around here someplace but I will NOT have to wait until next January to find out if Jenna's move to Vermont turned out as well as she first thought it would.

While I wait for my rescue copy of Barnheart by Jenna Woginich (I wish I had a graphic for this book to show you, sigh), Jen at BAPL offered me a copy of The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa.  Whoa!  That is friendship.  An ARC of the next installment in this popular fantasy series is a prize indeed.  But Jen understands what happens to a bibliophile who has lost a book.  And she is a true friend indeed.

Back to my lost book - I am not alone in wishing for the homestead experience. The author of Barnheart, Jenna Woginich, has a couple of books under her belt, of the country living, homesteading type.  Check out her blog ColdAntlerFarm.  Click on the "heart" in the right hand border to read the article that gave the title to her memoir.  If you search for barnheart on the Internet, you'll be asked if you really want bernhardt or barnhardt.  Then you'll find links to Jenna's blog and to her article in Mother Earth News.  Eventually, you will find a notation in the Urban Dictionary.  The Urban Dictionary claims that barnheart is a "psychological disorder, usually of childhood..." and goes on to explain that the desire to hang out around livestock and barns is a serious sympton.

I will continue my search for the lost book.  It's a matter of honor now.  I had that book and I know it must be in this house somewhere, probably next to my brown watch.  I found several long lost items in my search today.  I will keep you posted!

Thanks, Jen, for your kindness in parting with your Kagawa title.  And Adam, thank you for sending me a replacement book.  Jenna, thank you for coming clean about your obsession and allowing others to homestead vicariously through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment