Friday, June 17, 2011

Lost Book

I have lost a book.  This post is a desperate attempt to find it.  As far as I know, it never left this building but perhaps, the book, like its author, wanted a more rural setting and is now even as I type tucked inside a rucksack headed for Pike County.

The book is Barnheart.  I think the author is Jenna Woginrich.  I wish I could tell you more about it.  I had just left the author in the snow outside her new rental, a 600 square foot cabin, on a six acre lot in the woods of Vermont.  Oh wait, no she was already inside with a fire burning and she was making plans for chickens and a garden and fences and possibly geese and she felt very lucky to be where she was.

I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!  The puzzle of its whereabouts has taken over my brain.  I blew off a committee meeting because this book is missing.  (Blew off as in totally forgot the committee, its purpose and its personnel because they can't help me find the book.)

And now, what am I doing?  Visiting my aged parents?  Sending a wedding present to a young friend? Printing out the photos I promised to send along MONTHS ago?  Weeding the garden?  Doing any of a thousand productive and necessary things I might do?  NO!!

I am fixating about a lost book.  Oh, I have other books, too many other books.  But I want to READ THIS ONE!!!  WHERE IS IT??

Worse than all of this is the fact that this book is an advanced reader's copy and doesn't even exist in cyberworld so I can't just go out and buy another copy.  (I CAN pre-order it on Amazon.  It doesn't come out until January of 2012.  Waaaahhhhhh!!)  Oh woe.  Oh woe is me. (Bangs head against metaphorical wall and moans - metaphorically.)

Can anyone help me find this book?  Please?  I want to read about barns and homesteading and sustainable living and I (grits teeth) want ...to...read...NOW!!

Thank you (sad little sigh of no hope)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Your post came to our attention here at Storey. I'd be happy to send you another ARC of Barnheart. You can contact me at publicity@storey.com with your mailing address, and I'll get it out to you as soon as possible.
    Great to see your excitement for the book!

    ReplyDelete