Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lost book update

Dear Friends,
   I was hoping that I could post an amusing little story about where and when I found my lost ARC of Barnheart by Jenna Woginrich.  I smiled to think I would write that I found the book in the hamper (nope), or the freezer (neither one) or under the driver's seat (not there) or under a bed, behind a sofa, in with the recycling (no, no, and nope).  I thought, "Wouldn't it be amazing if if wake up at 1 am and know exactly where the book is and it's there?"  Did not happen.

Some of the items I found while searching for my lost book.
So, until the book is found I will not mention it again.  In the meantime, you might be interested to know what I did find.  In the picture above, you will see, starting on the left and moving clockwise; a Hello Kitty stamp from the late '70s or early '80s, an exercise band, a foam pumpkin, a book I almost bought again because it's been missing so long (there might be hope!),  some  recipe cards, a pasta measuring thingy, and in the center, a candy tin that we used to save up our Chinese take-out money at my last job.  I also found the thank you note that I wrote to the Friends of the Parkland Community Library - it has been posted.

And here, since I KNOW you are all glued to your screens, is a list of the places I looked.  Under the radiators, BEHIND the radiators, under all furniture in the entire house - I think -, behind pillows, IN - UNDER - BEHIND sofas and chairs, in the freezers, in the refrigerator, in the trash and the recycling, on the many many many many book shelves in this house, in drawers, on top of cabinets and dressers and in closets, cupboards, pantry, basement, attic, in the car, but not the garage.  Hmmm, might it be in the garage???

That's it.  I am finished.  Adam from Storey Publishing is sending me another ARC and I will not have to wait until January 2012 to find out how Jenna manages in her Vermont homestead.  Thank you Adam.  May all your furry pets be forever flea-free!

2 comments:

  1. Do you keep books in your freezer/fridge often enough for you to consider looking in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an "old person" joke. Supposedly, as people age, they put things in nonsensical places, such as books in the freezer. I was desperate, too, and looked everywhere I had been since I last remembered having the book.

    ReplyDelete