Friday, April 1, 2011

Stories, stories and more stories

Tonight I told "funny" stories for the children and parents at Northampton Community College's Children's Center.  This was my fifth year in a row telling stories there.  The group was small and happy and they all thought my jokes were very funny.  YAY!  I love kids.

There was one particularly energetic little boy who told the "Interrupting Cow" Knock Knock joke so well, I was breathless with laughter and so was everyone else.  He was probably three.  A comic genius is what I am thinking.  We had rafts of "homemade" jokes and riddles, so convoluted and simply silly that I can't remember them but here is an approximation;  "Why did the Princess cross the road and her mother said 'no' and Jack's mother yelled?"  "I don't know."  "Because she wanted Cinderella." 

This had come right after a "real" joke that mentioned Cinderella, one of my stories was about Jack and his mother and everyone knows that mothers don't let their children cross the road.  Perfect sense and the teller thought it was hilarious.  I did, too.

Telling stories is so much fun.  I think I will tell stories forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment