Thursday, April 20, 2006

This post is just to let you know I'm still alive and reading. Right now, I have the new Montmorency book at home (by Updale). Montmorency and Lord George are chasing after a thief who deals in natural specimens. I'll tell you more later.
I also read a book from the Random House Teen Voices Tour A bad boy can be good for a girl. After reading the book, I'm pretty sure the title is supposed to be sarcastic. The book is about sexual seduction and although the sex scenes are not "graphic" as in describing body parts or even naming them, there's enough nudity to make this a PG-13 and up book. Three girls are seduced by the same senior boy. The book is told in the voices of the three girls. He uses the same lines, same charms on all of them and they all fall for it - even when they know better.
I'm thinking this might be a good primer for girls who want to be fore-warned and fore-armed but I doubt any girl will see herself in this book - until it's too late.

The author, Tanya Lee Stone, will be here, at the Parkland Community Library, on Monday April 24 at 5:30 p.m. along with three other authors from the Random House Teen Voices Tour. If you're in the Lehigh Valley, stop by and listen to what the authors have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment