Friday, January 19, 2018

All Little Blue Bunny - All the Time

This post was written on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.

 Early dismissal meant more time for Little Blue Bunny to get in trouble.  That guy!

First there was the bread pie crust experiment.  D and I actually did that but LBB tried to stick his nose in the filling - pumpkin butter.  (It needed a little something.  Like maybe real pie crust.)

We took the crust off a slice of bread and rolled the slice out flat.  Then we lined a small custard cup with the flattened bread.  We added egg and milk mixture to the already sweetened and seasoned pumpkin butter and stuck it in the oven.

While it baked, we washed the dishes and here's where Little Blue Bunny ended up.
He needed a bath.

Then, Nana reminded Dulci of the time Little Blue Bunny thought putting an addition on the house would be nice since his family lives on a window sill.  BUT after dragging the scrap lumber, the hammer, the nails and the, YIKES! saw from the garage, his Mom called him because it was dark.

Well, in the morning, the paper guy thought he was supposed to deliver a paper to the apartment - no one lives there - just us - and he tripped over all that junk and ripped his new designer jeans on the saw!!!  I had to pay him a lot of money.  (THIS IS A FICTIONAL STORY.)  D wanted to know if it was really true and when I told her it was just a story she got into the spirit of things by insisting that it happened (wink wink) the night she slept over.

NEXT, D is perfecting her balloon blowing skills but she discovered not too long ago that those little foot pumps you get with air mattresses work GREAT! for blowing up long skinny balloon sculpture balloons.  We decorated three snakes and then D decided they had to EAT LITTLE BLUE BUNNY.  I did argue for clemency.  And she countered that he was just a toy and it was all pretend anyway.  So, he got gobbled up and put in a grave with the word RIP on it.  D did that.  I folded a piece of paper for LBB's grave and then she wrote "Rip!" on it.  "Because it's a grave", she told me.  Where does she get this stuff?  I mean is this what they teach in first grade these days?

Well, all right then.  You want the snakes to eat LBB.  Then he can be a ghost.  I grabbed some cheesecloth that I was going to discard anyway and made Little Blue Bunny into a ghost and then we ran around scaring each other for a while.   D turned into a ghost.  I turned into a ghost and Gramps got scared - a lot.

Next, she grabbed my apron strings and pretended I was a horse and she was on a sulky or wagon and off we went.  I got some active exercise today.  Little Blue Bunny sat on my head and told me where to go and D shouted "Go!" and "Stop!" Luckily, we have a house that has a circular traffic pattern.

I did not mention the Lincoln Log building episode where we acted out Chiles' Play's (see how I work that in everywhere) version of little Cabin the Woods.

What else did we do?  I mean we had almost 3 hours.

Oh, the pie!  I dropped it right side up into the drawer under the oven. Not on purpose. But the custard - made from the same recipe - was edible but not great.

They are calling for snow tonight.  When will I ever have time to do book reviews again?

 SNOW DAY on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018.  I can't remember what we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment