Friday, September 22, 2017

Blue Bunny Update - International Rabbit Day!

Update on the update: This post came out in time for International Rabbit Day - September 23, 2017!  PARTY!
Whew!  That Bunny!  He wears me out.  Just last week, he got sent to Toy Jail (Or as Gramps says, Toy Hoosegow) for trying to steal D's striped socks.  I don't blame him.  They were some of the very best striped socks that I have ever seen.  And I am a huge fan of striped socks.

Luckily, he was allowed to keep his cell phone with him.  After all, he did not actually STEAL anything.  So D sent him as many photos of her socks as she could.  Just so he could see what he was missing.

Yesterday, school was off because of the holiday (Shana Tovah, everyone) so D and Little Blue Bunny and Gramps and I had a full day.

Here are the highlights:
Coloring
Playing with Trolls and Troll house
Experiments (just mixing stuff together)
Building a playground just for Little Blue Bunny 
....with an actual swing set that stood on its own designed by D.  Maybe she'll be an engineer.

A walk to collect material for our Neighborhood Newsletter
Reading
Attempt by Little Blue Bunny to take over the Trolls' house
Tree house time for LBB and Trolls
Sandbox
More resting...hmm, I hope D isn't getting sick
Lunch
Climbing on the backs of furniture and sliding down pillow mountains.  


But the most exciting event of all is the birth of a new member of the Squirrel family.  Like most births, there was a struggle and some tears.  But Mrs. Squirrel and D and I persevered and here she is,
Little Blue Bunny's younger sister.
We made her out of pompoms.  We used a low-temp glue gun but there was an accident (sigh) and some tears (that's the struggle and the tears of the birthing process, I guess) and aloe vera and ice and a rest and then... We got the Elmer's Gel Glue.  D designed her and she is pretty darn cute.  She doesn't have a name.  Suggestions?

Wait!  You have a question.  How is it that the Squirrel family has two bunnies in it?  Ahhhhh, that has troubled us for a long time.  For the longest while, we thought Little Blue Bunny was adopted but on a recent space trip, we visited Bunnyvania, a planet where only bunnies are born.  And we learned that Little Blue Bunny was born THERE!!  Yes, Mrs. and Mr. Squirrel were astrosquirrels in their younger years.

Yesterday, they took a quick trip back to Bunnyvania to have their baby - just so Little Blue Bunny would not feel so all alone.  I could not possibly make these things up all by myself.  I have D to help me.

And there it is!  A Little Blue Bunny update!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Little Blue Bunny and was so happy to see an update! LBBs younger sister looks like a BunnyBoo to me but I guess you'll have to ask Mrs. and Mr. Squirrel, then verify with D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a big fan of LBB, I sure would like to see those striped socks :D I'm glad to find our where LBB came from....but now the mystery continues. Can't wait to find our Little squirrel's name! Hugs Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...I do believe younger sister bunny is on a mission from God! ;-)

    ReplyDelete