Saturday, July 29, 2017

Way too busy

...until now.  Since the 4th of July, I have told stories, taught storytelling, told more stories - done more storytelling workshops, performed musical storytimes with Dan, practiced for all the afore-mentioned events, and babysat.  And, honestly?  When I had time to sit, I read.  (Also, a wedding and a funeral.) 
I rock the socks with my old squeezebox.  Too busy to take an in focus photo.

Here is a glimpse into my to-do list for August:

1.  Jack and the Beanstalk Storytelling Performance at Allentown Public Library on August 2nd at 6 pm.  Expect "growing" beanstalks, giggling performers, silliness and a cow!

2.  Teen Storytelling Workshop Performance, August 8th at 7 pm at the Emmaus Public Library.  This workshop has been so much fun.  Come out and cheer! for the young tellers - oh, and me and Sue Monroe, the awesome-est Youth Librarian west of Allentown.

3.  Star Gazing Stories at the Trexler Game Preserve on August 12th around 8: 30 pm.  Maybe later!  An astronomer will be there to help the campers find and follow the Perseid Meteor Shower.  S'mores will happen.  Contact the Wildlands Conservancy about this event.

Here is what I HOPE to do in August (hahahahaha!):

1.  Practice my accordion every day.
2.  Write down the music for the songs I "made up" this year.  (I am very nervous about time signatures.)
3.  Move my sizable photo collection to disc or drive by category.  (This will take years!)
4.  Send off "Little Aliens" to a publisher.
5.  Read six books, including Viva, Rose, Lock and Key, The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding, The Wonderling, and The Story of Freginald.  The sixth book is anybody's guess.  I hope to read MORE than six books.  We will see.

Now, I expect YOU to hold ME accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment