Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Sighday

I have been very busy this week with non-bloggy things - sitting for a grandchild; following my Dad from the hospital to Rehab to another room in Rehab; catching up on Committee work for my worship community; and reading.

Ah, reading...  It is a salve to my weary - and sometimes restless - soul.  Over at Battle of the (Kid's) Books, you can now vote for the one book in the entire contest that you want to return to the Final Round if it gets voted off.  I LOVE this part of BoB because sometimes a worthy book falls short of a worthy judge's expectations.  Ya know what I mean?  Judges are human.

Here is how my reading and Battle of the Kids' Books stands.  I have ONE book yet to read in the first match-up of Round One.  I need to get hold of Bomb! by Steve Sheinkin before March 12th.


In the next set of match-ups, I have to read two books, Endangered by Eliot Schrefer and Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage.

Round one continues, and I must read Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin.

In the next set of four contestants, I haven't read THREE of the books; Moonbird by Philip Hoose, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman AND No Crystal Stair by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson.

Some very heavy reading will be going on in this house.

If you would like to see all the books in the competition, and by elimination the books I've already read, click here.

I've voted for MY Undead Choice.  It was a close call.  Join in the fun, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment