Friday, October 21, 2011

All right, then

So, Craft Fair over - check.  Baby Shower done - check.  Cancer treatments started for the Dad - check.  Meeting with oldest two siblings - check.  Sleep?  Um, never enough.
Adorable baby pumpkin painted by Christine Garvey, my sister, for the baby shower.



Back to books.  In the past week or two-ish, I have read  Goliath by Scott Westerfield,  Big Nate on a Roll by Lincoln Pierce, Flat Broke by Gary Paulsen,  Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver, ...and there were more, oh come on, Brain. ...Lucky for Good  by Susan Patron, The Man in the Moon by William Joyce, Stupid Fast by Geoff Harbach,  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Wonderstruck  by Brian Selznick.  I think that's it.  Oh I can't forget Press Here by Herve Tullet.  I think there was a book written for adult in there. 

My eyes are tired.

Let's start with Press Here by Herve Tullet.  Look at the cover.  Simple.  Maybe, even a little bland?  Oh, but the book is the best kind of interactive book there is.  No moving parts.  No pop-ups.  Just directions on each page and on the next page, there is a reaction to the directions.  And it's all done with dots.  I can NOT wait until Little On-The-Way Grandbaby is old enough to go through this book with me.  I call this book Barking Brilliant- as Dylan/Deryn Sharp (Goliath) might say.

Tomorrow, I will review Goliath and I will not tell you what happens to either Dylan or Alek, just hint at it.

2 comments:

  1. I also read "The Piper's Son" by Melina Marchetta. Lots of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, this book? Grandbaby's favorite from 6 months until last week, when "The Doorbell Rang" by Pat Hutchins took first place.

    ReplyDelete