Sunday, June 6, 2010

Boks, books, books

I just finished reading Shannon Hale's The Actor and the Housewife, which turned out to be quite a surprise.  I know Hale's work with teen novels, fantasies - some based on fairy tales but all set in another place and time.  The Actor and the Housewife is firmly set in this decade and centers around a Mormon mom of four and her very unlikely friendship with a  very handsome, very desirable, very British, very famous actor.

I am not a romance reader.  I do NOT go in for clandestine affairs so I put off reading this book for a whole year.  This book - it made me laugh out loud very very quickly and it made me cry, as well.  The ending was bittersweet because I like these characters a lot.  And I resented losing each and every one of them, especially since one of them was lost irrevocably.  Enough.  Read the book.  I think it would make a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment