Saturday, May 29, 2010

Book trailers

I got my haircut today. (My sister is an EXCELLENT hair cutter person.  Call her.)  And I was telling her all about the amazing Guys Read book trailer (see other blog or ...  no wait, click here).  And before I got home she called to tell me about Libba Bray's book trailer for Going Bovine, which came out in Sept. and is available at the Parkland Community Library and book stores everywhere.  So I watched it.  You can, too!  Click here.

I LOVE book trailers.  (Could someone young teach me to put little hearts in place of the word "love"?  Could someone young-ish teach me how to ramp up this blog?  I don't have the time to figure these things out by like going online and asking help pages because I am not young anymore.  Time is more precious to me, now -sniff.)

I have a friend, Kim Chatel, who actually MAKES book trailers (Warning - not all these trailers are suitable for children) for Guardian Angel Publishing.   Kim also writes books - not all of which are suitable for children, either.  But they are all GOOD.

Here are other book trailers I have found and loved:

Hand Wash Cold by Karen Maezen Miller  
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick

Alas, I wanted to add Jarrett Krosoczka's very funny Vimeo about how he developed the idea for his Lunch Lady series (also available at the Parkland Community Library and book stores, etc.)  But I was only able to find this snippet starring Tomie DePaola.  Well, there are other snippets, too.  Look in the sidebar to watch them.

Get to know your favorite authors.  Look for book trailers and then...bother your librarian to use his (or her) continually diminishing budget to buy the books you love!  If you are lucky she (or he) will already have those books on the shelves.  Or go to book stores - especially the small cozy ones like the Moravian Book Shop (which is not all that small really) and buy the books there.

Libraries RULE!!  Love your librarian!!   GO BOOKS! (and book trailers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment