Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time

A former teen volunteer friended me on Facebook this week.  She stopped by the library and found a note she and another teen volunteer left for me almost exactly nine years ago.

They teased me about the note and asked me every summer - for a few years - if I had found it.  I never did.  I didn't have time to check under every shelf.  I did look when I thought of it but nine years is a long time.

Margaret took pictures of the note and, until I get a chance to check tomorrow morning, for all I know she may have spirited the note away.  She shared the note and its contents with her partner in crime, Carmen.  Carmen shared the contents of that note on her livejournal.  http://dimethirwen.livejournal.com/789282.html  If Carmen adds something before you get a chance to read the note, look for the post titled "Traveling back in time".
Now I know why I have stayed at this job for almost 22 years.   Thanks, Margaret and Carmen.  Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment