Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! What a great day to curl up with a book you truly love! I decided this morning that I need to re-read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I noticed when I was reading that the teen girls in that book adopted affectations that teen girls still adopt - spelling their names differently, trying out new hair styles, being cliquish and developing fads. Human nature doesn't seem to change even though the way it expresses itself does.

How would Little Women read if it was set in modern times? What would the fad be that sends Amy into a tizzy? Their father could be in Iraq instead of the Civil Warar and Marmie would have to have an outside job. Hmmm... Suggestions anyone?

Romance is in the air and if it isn't everyone wishes it was. I'm not much of a romance reader but I do enjoy romance when it flavors the other books I read.

Everything Valentine's Day has posted a list of "Top" romantic reads. One of my favorites - one of the few "romances" I've ever read is NOT on that list. For pure escapism, read Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux.

Whether you have a sweetie or not, enjoy this day of LOOOVE. Smooch.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I think, considering the amount of Little Women spin-offs that have come out this year (2011-12) that I was clairvoyant when I wrote this.

    ReplyDelete