Thursday, February 21, 2008

Anne of Green Gables is 100 years old! Is that possible? There is even a prequel to help us understand Anne's life before Marilla and Matthew brought her to Green Gables, titled "Before Green Gables" (imaginative, yes?). I guess this is the year to hit the red sand beaches of Prince Edward Island, too. The island is preparing for HUGE doings - lots of tourists sporting red braids and visiting Anne of Green Gables Land and Rainbow Valley. Read an Anne book to celebrate!

I just heard that someone I know and love is moving to Europe, leaving her husband behind. I sighed and said, "Well, that's the way the cookie crumbled." My friend laughed and pronounced and "And so shall the cookie never be re-assembled."
I had to have the last word. "Someone could use those crumbs in a new cookie recipe."

Finding new recipes is a way to deal with life. When something is not working, or when a situation disintegrates - using what happened to build on, to learn from, can create something better or at least as good.

Hmm, talking about using crumbs, there's bread pudding in the kitchen. I think I'll make some coffee. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment