Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bobby McFerrin came to Bethlehem on Sunday (Feb. 10, 2008) to lead a workshop with the combined Moravian College and Central Moravian Church Choirs. Then, although he told the newspaper he wasn't going to sing, he "conducted" those choirs in a concert on Sunday night - probably the coldest, windiest night of the winter.

But Foy Hall was nice and warm with McFerrin singing melodies to the harmonies he appeared to create on the spot for the choirs. He made the melodies up. He also sang harmony for a number of students and audience members. And he got the audience to sing. In short, he sang for an hour and a half. His voice is so cool. He looks like he is having the best of times, all the time.

The whole experience was SO MUCH FUN! I love music. In my next life, I am going to do music all the time. One of the first things I will do when I retire is to join a fun choir. I want to sing. I frequently want to sing but I have no voice right now because of the sinus thing I complained about. So I am very grateful for my accordion (and piano and guitar).

I noticed again that I am an active audience member. While 500 other people - or maybe it was a thousand. Foy Hall was full to the brim - sat still in their seats, I rocked, leaned forward, mouthed the harmonies - mostly the Bass part since that was the part Andrei was singing - tapped my feet and bopped up and down. I really do get into performances. I must ...learn...to control...Nah!

I was pleased to see that some of the choir members also bounced around as they sang and listened.

Well, I should practice my accordion before I go to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment