Friday, February 1, 2013

Ponders - Home Again

Home again, home again, jiggedy jog!

It is cold here.  I just returned from 10 days of sunshine and heat and now I am cold again.

Back to work.  Back to worrying about people and what they think and what they do and if everyone will be ok and happy just for a little while.  Back to making our dinner and washing our clothes and tomorrow, sigh, no one will straighten out our sheets and fluff our pillows when I go off to work.

While I was gone, I didn't waste time wondering why this family member or that did this thing or that.    I was so far away, I could do nothing about anything and so the worry drifted into the tropical sky.

But I am back in the cold, where requests I make are frequently, though understandably, ignored and people I love grow old before my eyes.

Sigh.  Vacations are necessary but returning can be hard.  Just wait.  By next week I will have many good things to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment