Thursday, August 27, 2009

ARCs and Uncorrected Proofs - James Patterson

Well, I got another Uncorrected Proof yesterday. I have four or five at home. Here's my problem. What am I to do with all these paperbacks when I am done?

Sometimes, I send them on to friends or family. Sometimes, I share them with people at work. But sometimes, the books are too specific, or written for the wrong age group, or....

Any ideas?

For now, I intend to take a few along with me on vacation and leave them on the ship.

BTW, one of them is James Patterson's new series for teens, Witch and Wizard, written with Gabrielle Charbonnet. Though it's a quick, exciting read, it really is for teens. Here's the set-up; twins, a boy and a girl, wake up to find their community has been taken over by an extremely strict and punitive system. Magic, art, literature and music are all forbidden. Of course, the twins suddenly exhibit strange powers that they were unaware of before. They are imprisoned, tortured, escape, join forces with others and....Lots of action, a little too much unsophisticated philosophizing, still the characters are appealing and I had no desire to put the book down. Patterson fans will enjoy it. Fantasy fans will eat it up. And anyone who thinks that they must "rage against the machine" will feel validated! It's not due out until December. Anyone want the ARC? Bidding starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment