Monday, April 15, 2019

Make-It, Do-It Monday

NEW FEATURE! Because all 12 of my regular readers need a new feature, I am introducing Make-It, Do-It Mondays. Once a month, I will feature books that encourage young readers and grown-ups to make things and to do things - not just read. (BTW, if YOU follow me maybe someday I'll have 36 regular readers or even more.  Just saying.)

Luckily, Brightly has offered a page of great activity books to help in my effort.  Here's the link.

Nice, huh!

My favorite make-it, do-it book is a book that I can't find anywhere.  I have forgotten the title and the author and I gave it away to someone with small children.  What was I thinking?  The title was something along the lines of "365 Things to Do with Children".  I am positive the author was Virginia Johnson but the book doesn't even come up when I look on the Library of Congress' website.  NOOOOOOO!!!  I know I will search again.

Then, there are books by Steven Caney.
I used Steven Caney's Toy Book with my son - who is a Bicentennial baby.  So, these books have been around a long time.  The black and white photos show children with unkempt hair, "play clothes", (remember play clothes, anyone?) and 70s hippy-ish expressions.

Caney's other books include:
Steven Caney's Play Book
Steven Caney's Invention Book
Steven Caney's Kids' America 

I LOVE STEVEN CANEY!!!!

****By the way, wherever possible I will link to WorldCat from now on.  Independent booksellers have requested that bloggers avoid linking to Amazon and Goodreads is an Amazon affiliate.


#MakeitDoitMonday

No comments:

Post a Comment