If you are a young storyteller, between the ages of 7 and 17, you can register to tell at the Pennsylvania Youth Storytelling Showcase. Well, you CAN, if you live in Pennsylvania. If you are a not so young storyteller and you know of a younger tller who might qualify, let them know about this!
Here's what you do;
1. Pick a story you really like. Fairy tales or folk tales or original stories are best.
2. Learn how to tell it - WELL, without the book or any paper.
3. Make sure that your performance of the story is between 5 and 7 minutes long.
4. Get your parent's permission to perform in the PaYSS.
5. WITH YOUR PARENT'S HELP AND PERMISSION, fill out the registration form.
BIG HINT: If you want to tell a published story, for instance, Wimpy Kid or Diary of a Worm, you absolutely MUST get written permission from the publisher and/or author. Most publishers have a link on their websites for this kind of thing.
If you want to tell the story of the day your next door neighbor burned down the shed, you absolutely MUST get your neighbor's written permission to share the story. You must get written permission to tell any true story about another person from that person or, if that is not possible, from a family member of that person.