Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am on the cusp of signing up for NaNoWriMo. How I expect to write 1500 pages a day when it has been two whole weeks since I've visited this blog, I have no idea. But this is the year of changes and I think making an effort to write 50,000 pages in one month might be a turning point in my writing attempts. It's worth a try.
Okay, The BIG Bonfire is this coming Saturday at 7 p.m. I will be playing the accordion - sort of and telling two stories. It's at Little Pond Retreat Center. Saturday is also the Fall Fest at the library in the afternoon and it should be beautiful around these parts. Good!!! I still need to work out a few details but I think I have things in good order.
Sunday is hub's birthday celebration. So son and wife are coming to dinner. I wish I could just sleep on Monday but I have storytime at 10:30 so I will have to go in.
I had to do my sidekick's preschool storytimes this week and I think I have lost my touch. I do Family Storytimes or Toddler Storytimes where the parents stay with the children. I have forgotten how to deal with defiant four-year-olds. And I'm not Mrs. Sidekick; I'm a usurper - a Substitute Teacher. Ugh. I could never be a Substitute Teacher. I'm too old and set in my ways.
I picked up the very first Daisy Dalrymple book (by Carola Dunn) and it was fun! I've written about this series in other posts so I'll move on to another book. Terry Pratchett's Making Money is a romp. I haven't got very far into it and I am already on edge. The main character, Moist von Lipwig, is so devious, so basically honorable, so likable and in so much danger. I can't wait to see what happens now that he has been maneuvered into taking over Morkh Ankhor's (sp.?) Mint (or die!). I haven't read too many of Pratchett's other Discworld books - except for his Tiffany Aching trilogy - so I'm looking forward to reading earlier books when this one is done.
I have to practice the accordion and exercise - I am on a health kick and a music kick these days - so I will say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment