Monday, March 31, 2014

We Were Liars E. Lockhart



Reading about the shining Sinclairs and their private island reminded me of the joys of summer when you live on a large property and you have the run of the land.   My cousins, my sibs and I -not RICH at all, just always together - we had the golden summers that Lockhart describes in her latest book "We Were Liars".

I was swept up in that sense of belonging, of knowing that we would always have each other.  Idyllic.


Of course, even in fiction, life must intervene.  Lockhart takes great pains to dole out the pieces of that intrusion and so, out of respect for her craft, I can't tell you much.  Life crashes into the Sinclairs' lives, like a tornado.  That's all I can say.

So read it.

1 comment:

  1. Waving hello from Mickie! Just FYI, not doing Linkdin with anyone. Facebook, blogging, and emails are all I can juggle :) Have a great day!
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete